LifeLine & Link Up are available from your local communications companies, Cordova Telephone Cooperative and Cordova Wireless Communications
What is LifeLine & Link Up?
LifeLine is a program that offers discounts to qualified low-income consumers on their monthly landline or cell phone service. This program is limited to one per household.
Link Up is a program that provides a discount on the activation of the phone service.
How to Apply:
In Cordova: Stop into our office on 2nd Street. Bring photo identification and proof of enrollment in Particpating Programs (below) or proof of income.
In Yakutat: Stop into our office in Mallott's General Store. Bring photo identification and proof of enrollment in Particpating Programs (below) or proof of income.
Participating Programs – You may be eligiible for LifeLine & LinkUp if you are already enrolled in:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Food Stamps
- Low-Imcome Home Energy Assistance Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start (Must meet income requirements)
- National School Lunch Program's Free Lunch
- Alaska Adult Public Assistance Program
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Tribal Head Start (Must meet income requirements)
- Tribal National School Lunch Program's Free Lunch
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the State of Alaska. CTC and CWC have partnered up with the federal government to ensure that low-imcome consumers have access to quality communication service. This means if you are eligible, you can receive CTC's landline service or CWC's cell phone service for the reduced rate of $1.00 per month (you may only receive LifeLine & Link Up assistance on landline OR cell phone, not both).
For more information, just call…
Cordova Telephone Cooperative – (907) 424-2345
Cordova Wireless Communications – (907) 424-2300
Lifeline Application – Download Lifeline application here. (PDF format)
Important information regarding your Lifeline Service:
The FCC requires every Lifeline customer to re-certify their eligibility each year. If you do not re-certify every year, you will be disconnected from Lifeline service. Be on the lookout for your recertification paperwork and make sure to return it in a timely manner. For assistance in filling out your recertification paperwork, you may contact your local provider.