Cordova Telephone Cooperative is seeking qualified individuals to fill the following positions.
Written resumes from interested individuals should be submitted to the office (Attn: Bree Mills) or via e-mail at email@example.com, by 5:00 PM on Monday, December 17, 2018. A job description outlining the duties and required qualifications can be seen below.
Title: Combination Technician
CTC is seeking an apprentice combo technician to join our team to support field plant operations. Under the direction of a Journeyman Combination Technician, the Apprentice Combination Technician will learn to perform required work in connection with the construction, maintenance, operation and servicing of communication lines, instruments and related equipment; upon completion of 8,000 hours of practical experience and training and upon successful completion of the appropriate journeyman test, the apprentice shall be considered a journeyman and receive the appropriate pay rate. This union job role requires some overtime and potential travel to remote sites. This is a great opportunity to join your local Cooperative and be involved in some exciting projects for years to come.
The typical Apprentice Combination Technician will learn and be responsible for all technical aspects of normal exchange operation supporting telephony, internet, wireless, and TV services. The successful candidate will learn and perform the following additional authorities and responsibilities:
- Process service orders for installing, upgrading or changing a customer’s telecommunication services or equipment.
- Install, remove or make changes in residential and small businesses.
- Wire jacks and install ground protection from unwanted electrical surges.
- Perform all installation techniques necessary to insure neatness, and concealment where possible, of wires leading to telecommunications instruments.
- Repair all types of trouble on plant wires and equipment for both copper and fiber.
- Operates mechanical and electrical tools including drills, rotor hammers, etc.
- Able to work under stressful situations. Memory for and attention to many details.
- Alertness to maintain flow of work to prevent bottlenecks and hazards.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision. Hours scheduled per union contract.
- Will develop a working knowledge of all test equipment. Will learn to read and interpret cable records, line cards, schematics and staking sheets.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to keep current on all company policies, bylaws, tariffs and regulations.
- Fill out detailed daily time sheets describing all work performed.
- May be asked to attend out of town training for extended periods of time.
- Physical exertion may be light to heavy. Climbs, stoops, crawls, reaches and lifts.
- May be called on to work in any kind of weather.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years working in construction and/or telecommunications roles preferred.
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license.
- Must not be color blind.
Title: Datacenter Engineer
CTC is seeking an experienced self-motivated business professional to join our team as a datacenter engineer to lead several areas for the Cooperative including support of IT management tools, our wireless communications infrastructure, and new business management services. Additionally, this person will work with our infrastructure team to support internal IT operations and strategic technology initiatives. This salary job role requires some overtime, periodic travel to remote sites, and will report direct to the CEO. If you are a creative dedicated individual with the right experience looking to join a fantastic team in Cordova Alaska we encourage you to apply.
The Datacenter Engineer performs various important functions, including;
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve complex network and computer system issues
- Manage and administer servers, networks, and applications supporting business services
- Maintain internal network structure of a data center by managing routers and switches
- Install, configure, and maintain switches, servers, firewalls, and hard drives
- Troubleshoot network systems to identify and fix performance issues
- Provide solutions to complex problems on the integration of various technologies
- Design plans as well as lead initiatives for the optimization and restructuring of infrastructure
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of network administration and firmware integration
- Monitor the environmental conditions of a data center to ensure they are optimum for servers, routers, and other devices
- Perform system updates software/operating systems
- Calibrate and monitor data center servers to ensure efficient performance
- Collaborate with IT peers and vendors for ongoing maintenance and operations
- Resolve operational, infrastructure or hardware incidents in a data center.
- Advance analytic and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work well in highly dynamic evolving team environment
- Ability to manage time schedule with operational and project deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer systems engineering, electronic engineering and other related disciplines. Alternatively five or more years in IT engineering role.
- Current certifications from IT companies such as ADTRAN, Cisco, Metaswitch, VMware and like technologies preferred
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license